Monthly Archive: October 2015
There has been a bit of debate going on with me and my friend lately as to whether he should get a fitted bedroom installed in his bedroom. He’s looking for a solution to have some sliding wardrobe doors put in as well as a fitted desk built onto the side. The only real thing that is stopping him doing it is the cost. He was quoted a variety of different prices from a few different companies. The prices ranged from between £1200-£3600, big difference I know.
So let’s ignore cost for the moment, as it is what is is. Let’s look at some other reasons whether a fitted bedroom may be of use:
- They look good. It’s a made to measure service, meaning all of the furniture is the exact size it needs to be for the room. This means no empty space is wasted.
- The general finishing of the products used are generally quite high quality.
- Bespoke to your fashion. Whether it’s an oak look or a modern look you are going for, it can be built just for you
There are also some negatives to fitted bedrooms:
- The service can take time, you have to get somebody to come out and measure your room.
- The furniture then needs to be manufactured to your specifications which can take weeks.
- The furniture then needs to be properly installed by a professional to make sure everything is secured.
- Mistakes can happen and your made to measure furniture actually may not fit, giving more time for alterations.
Sliding wardrobe doors can be a great addition to a bedroom allowing more space to use for other things. Overall we believe that if a fitted bedroom is within your budget then go for it, but make sure to choose a reputable company such as Reflectalux Interiors.
Edit: In the end he went with it for a cost of £2000. Hurray!